Welcome and thank you for visiting the Mills Lawn School Guidance Counselor webpage. This school year promises to be an exciting, positive and productive school year for your child. Features of what will take place from the Guidance office are as follow:
· Thematic units related to age and gender appropriate topics through classroom visits that will incorporate a variety of instructional strategies
· 1:1 and group counseling: Children of Divorce, Dealing with Anger, Social Boundaries, etc.
· Incentive programs such as weekly Bulldog Bucks and Community Service Recognition
· Mentoring and networking with MLS Buddy Program, SPIDEE, Yellow Springs High School Facilitators, YSHS/McKinney Student Review Board, YS Village Mediators and other community based organizations
· School wide activities such as Mix It Up Day, Turn Off the Violence Day, National Youth Service Day and similar cooperative programs
· "Response to Intervention" program for students who are experiencing academic troubles
Please feel free to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone 767-7217 or just leave a note in my mailbox here at Mills Lawn.
“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure”-Bill Cosby